Nursery Practitioner / Teacher, Forest School, Newhaven (bank staff)
Nursery Practitioner / Teacher – Bank Staff (Each Peach Forest School, Newhaven)
Zero hour contract
Bank staff needed at Forest School in Newhaven to assist the nursery to cover staff holidays and sickness absences, ensuring that ratios and the high standards of care are maintained.
A DBS check and satisfactory references are required by Ofsted before any appointment can be confirmed.
Main Duties /Responsibilities:
- To contribute to the creation of an environment which provides for the well-being of all the children attending the nursery
- To be involved in team planning of appropriate activities to ensure that the children’s developmental needs are met
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of a group of children, as directed by senior members of staff and in accordance with EPC policies and procedures
- To contribute to the observation and assessment of the children’s developmental stages, recording this on the relevant documents
- To work in partnership with the parents/carers to encourage open communication and involvement within the nursery setting
- To be aware of, and take the responsibility for, all aspects of health and safety and security in relation to the children attending the nursery
- To be a good role model to the children
- To work flexibly as part of the larger Each Peach Childcare nursery team, assisting and supporting colleagues wherever required in order to ensure the smooth running of the nursery
- To be aware of the high profile of Each Peach Childcare and to uphold its standards at all times
- To abide by Each Peach Childcare’s confidentiality and equal opportunities policies at all times
- To respect and value all colleagues, children and parents, encouraging a positive and diverse working environment
- To assist in the development and support of other members of staff to the benefit of the nursery as a whole
- To undertake any other aspects of nursery work according to need
How to apply
Please email Jess Harman via firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance with your CV and a covering letter.
Each Peach Childcare is committed to the safeguarding and child protection of all children. We expect all staff, students and volunteers to do the same. We aim to ensure that all people working with children are suitable to do so and we are therefore extremely vigilant when recruiting new staff to join our team. All references will be taken up.
We are waiting to hear from you!