Part-time Nursery Cook, Hove
Nursery Cook (Each Peach Hove)
Part Time: 8.30am – 2.30pm
The Nursery Cook is an experienced professional who is responsible for the preparation of meals and snacks for the children and meeting their individual dietary requirements. They also ensure that the kitchen is maintained to a high standard in line with food and hygiene regulations at Each Peach Childcare in Hove.
Main duties & responsibilities:
To follow and contribute to the design of the 5 week seasonal menus (including baby weaning menus’) prepare and cook a healthy, well–balanced and nutritious lunchtime, high tea and snacks for the children.
- To be aware of and to cater appropriately for food allergies, dietary and medical requirements.
- To prepare food for special occasions, e.g. Birthdays and Christmas and other cultural festivals and celebrations.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all crockery, cutlery and utensils are cleaned and stored appropriately.
- To order food and nursery consumables on a regular basis from external suppliers, ensuring adequate supplies are available, and to maintain the professional relationship with those suppliers.
- To be responsible for the food preparation and storage areas, ensuring that they meet relevant Health & Safety requirements. To include carrying out monthly risk assessments of the area, and supporting checks as required by the Safer Food, Better Business pack issued by the FSA.
- To attend out of working hours activities, to include training, staff meetings, parents evenings and functions; and special events to promote the food and menu’s
- To assist the Nursery Manager in the preparation of an annual food budget and managing and maintaining records of expenditure.
- To work flexibly as part of the larger Each Peach nursery team, assisting and supporting colleagues wherever required in order to ensure the smooth running of the nursery
How to apply
Please email Jess Harman via firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance with your CV and a covering letter.
Each Peach Childcare is committed to the safeguarding and child protection of all children. We expect all staff, students and volunteers to do the same. We aim to ensure that all people working with children are suitable to do so and we are therefore extremely vigilant when recruiting new staff to join our team. All references will be taken up.
We are waiting to hear from you!