Full-time Trainee Nursery Practitioner / Teacher, Hove
Are you looking to start a career in Early Years? Then we are looking for you! We are expanding our staff team and are looking for people who want to work towards their level 3 qualification in childcare – this opportunity could be just what you need. A chance to work with other dynamic individuals who are enthusiastic about their role and who have benefitted from our ongoing programme of professional and personal development. Children remain firmly at the heart of our provision and they benefit from a fantastic teaching and learning environment. We know that the role of the adult in that is key and we can unlock your potential.
Here’s a bit about us:
Each Peach Childcare is a two setting nursery group located in Hove and Newhaven. Run with a real family feel that ensures your wellbeing as well as the children’s, our Hove nursery is a bright, inviting and vibrant place to be. We have close links with the local community including our local schools and provide a fresh, energised and focused approach to childcare. Our owner is an internationally recognised Early Years innovator and she leads and inspires us all ensuring everyone is well cared for. Our senior team are very experienced and are there to develop you too.
Our team provide learning and care for babies and children in our fantastically resourced setting. They provide opportunities for children to meet their friends at a local care home, they join forces with our local schools, take part in fabulous events for parents and carers both on and off site, visit a local forest school and utilise our beautiful on site facilities. We have recently invested in a brand new discovery room, that children and staff love!
Our staff are incredibly important to us and we all love welcoming new members to our Each Peach Family!
Your responsibilities will include:
- To be part of the day to day experience to connect with children and their families, create a nurturing and stimulating environment and provide valuable interactions and teaching experiences for children.
- To comply with all aspects of the EYFS framework, our policies and procedures and associated documentation.
- To ensure and promote the safeguarding and welfare of babies and children at all times
- To build and maintain professional relationships with other staff, line managers, all stake holders, outside agencies and visiting professionals
- To ensure you keep up with your key person duties and update and encourage parents to be involved with their child’s learning, the vibrant community of the nursery setting and ‘at home’ learning
- To be an inspiring role model for children and set high expectations which motivate and challenge children
- To provide a flexible approach to working to ensure the smooth running of the nursery
- To ensure you demonstrate good practice, promote learning, plan educational opportunities for all children whilst considering their individual needs
- To keep updated with current practice through our program of continued professional development
Day to day duties:
- Working with your team to plan safe, stimulating and appropriate activities to encourage children in all areas of development
- Managing your key children’s developmental stages and maintain accurate records of observations, assessments and plan for children’s individual needs in line with our systems
- Provide a nurturing and respectful approach to the personal care of all babies and children
- To be aware of, and take the responsibility for, all aspects of health, safety and security
Your experience and personal qualities:
- A Level 2 qualification in childcare and education in line with recognised qualifications is desirable but not essential
- Experience in working in a customer – focused environment
- A good verbal and written communicator
- A high degree of integrity and empathy when working with children
- You will be a committed individual with the ability to provide a hands on attitude and show a willingness to strive to excel in all you do
You will be rewarded with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
- Competitive salary
- Reduced rate for flexible childcare should you require it
- Pension Scheme
- 28 days Holiday
- Closed for Christmas week
- Training and development opportunities
We adhere to all aspects of safer recruitment and take up all references
You will be invited to look around the setting should you be successful in gaining an interview
Please note CV’s are only accepted with a completed application form
Please ensure you apply promptly
We are waiting to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £6.00 per hour
How to apply
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are waiting to hear from you!