Full-time Qualified Nursery Practitioner / Teacher, Newhaven
Are you looking to develop your career in Early Years? Then we are looking for you! We are expanding our staff team at our Newhaven site and this opportunity could be just what you need. A chance to work with other dynamic individuals who are enthusiastic about their role and who have benefitted from our ongoing programme of professional and personal development. Children remain firmly at the heart of our provision and they benefit from a fantastic teaching and learning environment. We know that the role of the adult in that is key and we can unlock your potential.
Here’s a bit about us:
Each Peach Childcare is a two setting nursery group located in Hove and Newhaven. Run with a real family feel that ensures your wellbeing as well as the children’s, our Newhaven forest school nursery is a bright, inviting and vibrant place to be and sits in the middle of 3 acres of land which houses our fabulous forest school. We have close links with the local community including our local schools and provide a fresh, energised and focused approach to childcare. Our owner is an internationally recognised Early Years innovator and she leads and inspires us all ensuring everyone is well cared for. Our senior team are very experienced and are there to develop you too.
Our team provide learning and care for babies and children in our fantastically resourced setting. They provide opportunities for children to meet their friends at a local care home, they join forces with our local schools, take part in fabulous events for parents and carers both on and off site, and utilise our beautiful on site facilities which include our forest school and animals!
Our staff are incredibly important to us and we all love welcoming new members to our Each Peach Family!
Your responsibilities will include:
- To be part of the day to day experience to connect with children and their families, create a nurturing and stimulating environment and provide valuable interactions and teaching experiences for children
- To comply with all aspects of the EYFS framework, our policies and procedures and associated documentation
- To ensure and promote the safeguarding and welfare of babies and children at all times
- To build and maintain professional relationships with other staff, line managers, all stake holders, outside agencies and visiting professionals
- To ensure you keep up with your key person duties and update and encourage parents to be involved with their child’s learning, the vibrant community of the nursery setting and ‘at home’ learning
- To be an inspiring role model for children and set high expectations which motivate and challenge children
- To provide a flexible approach to working to ensure the smooth running of the nursery
- To ensure you demonstrate good practice, promote learning, plan educational opportunities for all children whilst considering their individual needs
- To keep updated with current practice through our program of continued professional development
Day to day duties:
- Working with your team to plan safe, stimulating and appropriate activities to encourage children in all areas of development
- Managing your key children’s developmental stages and maintain accurate records of observations, assessments and plan for children’s individual needs in line with our systems
- Provide a nurturing and respectful approach to the personal care of all babies and children
- To be aware of, and take the responsibility for, all aspects of health, safety and security
Your qualifications and personal qualities:
- You must have a Level 3 qualification in childcare and education in line with recognised qualifications
- You will be a committed individual with the ability to provide a hands on attitude and show a willingness to strive to excel in all you do
You will be rewarded with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally
- Reduced rate for flexible childcare should you require it
- Pension Scheme
- 28 days holiday
- Closed for Christmas week
- Training and development opportunities
Each Peach Childcare & Forest School is committed to the safeguarding and child protection of all children. We expect all staff, students and volunteers to do the same. We aim to ensure that all people working with children are suitable to do so and we are therefore extremely vigilant when recruiting new staff to join our team. All references will be taken up.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
How to apply
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
We are waiting to hear from you!